"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Saturday, July 13, 2013

9 weeks- And this was what everyone was talking about

Every so often I will reread my last post and laugh a little.  And feel a little sad.  When I wrote that post S was waking up every three hours and I was looking forward to him "growing up" and joining C.  I was a little tired but I was coping beautifully and I kept thinking "people say twins are doubly hard, I don't know what they are talking about".

Now I do.  The boys are not newborns who only every want to sleep and eat and that is all>

Some night/day combos are brilliant.  Sometimes I'll get my 6 hours overnight and a rest during the day and I feel a million bucks.  I am actually getting to do some awesome things, because the boys seem to love their pram bassinets and noises, we actually go out to restaurants, parties, and other such places quite regularly.  I am having lots of time with our very helpful family and I'm loving it.  And the boys are adorable, I will save for another post just how precious and dear they are to me, and how much fun I have with them.

But some nights I don't get any sleep (I think I've managed 3 last night), the days are spent feeling like all I do is feed, where the messy house that I can't clean drives me crazy, and I just wish the boys will smile because it's so hard to feel like they care about me when the only way they can communicate with me is by screaming.

The hard thing is that they don't seem to like sleeping before midnight.  Sometimes one will, never will both.  Sometimes that time will branch out to 2am.  If Earl is around and available he will cuddle them in bed and I will sleep.  But he isn't always, and as I am not a late night person it gets pretty tricky.

Well, both boys are down so I must take sleep when I can.  Hope I can write about some of the awesome stuff next post!
LG

No comments:

Post a Comment