"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Holiday and percentages

Tasmania was amazing. It is so beautiful. Sometimes Australia seems so far away from everywhere in terms of travel, but the exciting thing is there is so much to do right here. That was our second trip, to an Island only the size of Ireland, and yet I want to go back and see the things we missed (and our favorite things again)!

There has been a bit of a theme on this blog ( and on others I read) that 2012 is going to be awesome to make up for the disaster that was 2011. I'd made the decision to be positive, particularly on my holiday, because I didn't want infertility to ruin things.

In the end, though the holiday was great, there was still lots of tears.

Before my last RE appointment, I felt our chances of a baby were good. So though I was sad sometimes, I was mainly okay. Now I feel less confident and so my feel good/feel sad ratio has changed.

I felt bad at first, but then I remembered that vacations are as much about recovery as enjoyment, and so I let myself be how I had to be. ANd Earl was brilliant with that.

My old councillor says I've gone too far in the giving-up-hope way, and that was helpful to hear.

2012, what adventures will you bring?
LG

1 comment:

  1. LG, I'm so glad to hear vacation was good. Crying is ok, as long as we are healing. Me and you, let's make the our year! And sometimes we will cry and sometimes we will be happy, but we will live instead of laying down and letting all the good pass us by.

    Sound good? I hope so. We will hope in hope this year! And not let our lives be run by fear and sadness!

    ReplyDelete