That was the question we puzzled out with the doctor.
His concern was that he didn't really want us to have 11 transfers. After everything we've been through, with our history, and with so many day 2 embryos, he just thinks there are better ways.
This is the plan:
Start me on a natural/slight stimulation cycle. Depending on how things go, I can either be triggered or wait until I trigger naturally.
Then two of the 2 day embryos will be defrosted. If all goes well they will be thawed out and grown to blastocyst stage. If one or both doesn't make it to blastocyst stage, one of the frozen blastocysts will be defrosted and transfered. Either way we are looking very likely for a twin transfer.
This way we will have maximum of six transfers. Of course what I am praying for is that our first lot of day 2ers have the get up and go to make it through to baby stage. But I realise that is a long shot.
I'm glad to have a plan. Now I just need to wait for AF to join the party. I'm day 22 today, though doc said it was likely to be a longer cycle with its dramatic ( :"( ) beginnings.
Today my Dad drove me home from the appointment and we talked about plans. It was good to hear him be so positive about embryo adoption as our backup plan, but it was a strangely painful reminder of why the doctor wants to get the transfers out of the way.
Because we might get none from eleven.
I am praying so hard for eleven from eleven.