"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Thursday, December 9, 2010

Good news

Today I lay on the ultra-sound chair, my husband rubbing my head affectionately. Almost before we expected it- there was the little heart beat again. Still alive. Then the Senographer measured the baby.

7 weeks! Even bigger than we were hoping for. I am so incredibly relieved. It was so exciting. This time Earl kept wanting to look at the picture. It is suddenly real. We are expecting a baby!

'No one is ever out of the woods until 12 weeks' the senographer warned us. And we know. But we've gone from freaks who 'can't have babies', to freaks 'making babies that are too small' to...normal. Normal, Normal, Normal.

I am so happy.

In my tummy there is a baby. That baby is the size of a blueberry and it has a head and a spine and a heart that goes "Thump, Thump, Thump" at 150 beats a minute- exactly as it should.

I am so happy.
love Lady Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment