"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Processing another No

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, words and prayers. It means so much to me. Yesterday was bearable. Partly it was a busy, distracting day. Partly it was just 24 hours after I started bleeding and generally I have a bit of a 'optimistic break' as part of processing the BFN. And partly it was talking to my doctor.

He's not the most sensitive, personable doctor I've ever had, but it was a helpful chat. Basically he said this just sometimes happens with a high egg cycle. My body responded to the drop in hormones after the egg collection by dropping my uterus walls. Most cases the progesterone would prevent it, this time it didn't. He said there was no medical consensus as to what to do. So I at least feel like its not my fault. And as he reminded me, we still have 11 frozen embryos. As Earl said, we are still in one of the best positions we've ever been in.

Optimistic break ended last night. I feel flat and am deliberately taking this morning off.  It's been such a mad week, and I feel wrung out and week. Please keep me in your prayers.
LG

1 comment:

  1. I read this today and though you would like to read it too:

    http://lauragraceweldon.com/2012/06/12/mother-child-are-linked-at-the-cellular-level/

    ReplyDelete