"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why does other people's good news make me feel so bad?

I am falling apart.

You might have noticed my slightly grumpy message yesterday. That was before. The day before the three biggest work days of the year. The day before I have to get up before 65 kids and be excited and enthusiastic and warm. The day before I have to lead a team.

But yesterdays message was also an hour before my work collegue announced in a staff meeting that he and his wife are having a baby.

He and his wife are not kid people. They wanted to have kids, but they have been very relaxed and "whatever" about it. I had no idea. I was completely blind-sided. And he told me. Knowing how long I have been trying. Knowing that I was about to undertake this huge project THE NEXT DAY.

I cried and cried and cried last night.

I am so feed up and I am falling apart and I can't take this anymore.
Serious, where is my good news? Where is my baby? I am so excited for all of you have have good news and baby bumps but what about me?

I am lost.
LG

I changed the title of this post and decided to add a little post script. I am okay. The first day of the program went well. I am okay. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, but I think I just need to give myself a break. Thumpers due date is so close. This was always going to be hard. I am not doing great, but I'm okay.

2 comments:

  1. (hug) baby announcements from people who could care less are always so difficult. hang in there (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LG... I am praying for you very much, esp b/c of that approaching date!! Honestly, I can't imagine how you'd be anything but overwhelmed right now w/ Thumper's date so close! I agree to give yourself a break. It's ok to feel lost right now!!! We all have our ups and downs in this - and this would be the hardest down of all, I'd think - you're so brave! I wish you still had Thumper, here on earth - b/c you are an amazing mother already!!!!

    On a practical note, I don't know what to do about in person announcements (they're soooo hard!!!!), but do you know that you can hide people on facebook? So that they are still your friend, but you won't ever see their posts in your newsfeed? You could go look at their wall, if and when you choose, but you wouldn't just stumble on those newsfeed posts. It's a life saver for me!

    Much love - and definitely prayers!!!! LJ

    ReplyDelete