"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Saturday, July 30, 2011

In a Tangible way

I had a beautiful day today.

It was lazy and fun and wonderful. I read and I cooked a cake for a friends birthday and I went out for coffee with Earl and I went for a walk at sunset. It was such a special day.

And it felt like a real gift.

Yesterday was a day of openning up to friends. The girls I pray with (including my friend who is due in two weeks) heard the no holes barred view of my week. And rather than pulling back, or trying to give pat answers, they thanked me for my honesty. Why aren't I more open all the time. It's so special. Then my bestie rang up. I was fully expecting her to tell me she was pregnat (after the month I've had, it seemed so likely), but she isn't, and so we were able to have another frank conversation about my state of mind. My prayer friends had asked that God would show me his goodness and gentleness in a really tangible way. I suspect my lovely, romatic, restful day was an answer to that prayer.

Only one more day of July to get through. Then we will be in August. August, the month of another transfer! August the month that is NOT July. The last two July's have been so difficult and hard, so I am praying this August is an August of hope. And that come this time last year- our prayers will finally be answers and our arms will finally be full.
LG

1 comment:

  1. Happy August!!!!! :-) I hope it will be a beautiful month for you - and the start of many more beautiful months!!!!

    ReplyDelete