"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I survived.

The day actually got better as it progressed. The great blessing was that our transfer has been confirmed for this Thursday, so it was a Mother's Day with at least some hope behind the heart-ache.

My friend Mrs L gave me a beautiful card, saying that she was praying for me. It was my first Mother's Day card and it meant so much. I also got two "I am praying for you" texts from friends during the day. And at the end of the night, as I returned our left-over little "presents" that we handed out to all the Mothers at church to the office, I pocketed one. I couldn't publicly take one without people asking awkward questions, but I was a Mum and I knew I deserved one.

But it was also a day to remember that Infertility is not the only hard thing to face on Mothers day.

I couldn't help watching one of the guys at church, who on Mothers day last year found out about a terrible thing his mother had done. I spoke with one girl who hates mother's day, because whenever she tries to do anything nice for her Mum, her Mum uses it as an opportunity to criticise her. And my friend who sat in church like she is in a candy store, because her Mum doesn't like her going to church and only lets her go to church for short periods at a time, and so every time she goes it is such a special treat.

I am so thankful for my Mum, and for Earl's Mum. They are incredibly supportive of what we do and who we are. It was nice that this year Mother's day felt like a time when I could be thankful as well as sad.

Being in Australia I know I am ahead of my (known) readers in terms of time, and so I am praying for all of you on this very difficult day to come. Praying that there will be comfort, and that this Mother's day will be the last one without a child. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment