"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Sunday, May 15, 2011

A real holiday

I've just gotten back this morning from my weekend away with my Mum and Sister.

It was amazing!

My family growing up was never really rich, I always felt like my friends had more money than my parents. My parents started off as teachers, and then after a fair bit of study both became academics. They have always been careful with Money, and now as they approach retirement age (not that they are planning to retire anytime soon- they love their work!) they are going very well financially. So our "girls weekend" is really a chance for Mum to pay for everything and to treat me and my sister like queens.

We went to one of the best restaurants in the state, I got a facial and a massage, and we went on a lovely work through the Australian bush. We did lots of cooking, we hung out in front of the fire. We talked and talked and laughed and listened to music and it was lovely. I stayed last night at my parents before flying home, and so also got some time with Dad, who said I think at least 15 times in the 18 hour period how much he enjoyed having me around :) Earl and I will be moving back to the same state as our families next year and we are so excited.

IVF came up a little bit, because of the transfer, but not too much. Just as much as I wanted.

It was a real holiday, and if Earl had been there I would have never wanted it to end.

Now I am back home. And it feels like the 2ww is starting in earnest. It is real in a way that it hasn't been before. 1 week to go before my test. I feel sick whenever I think of it.

The transfer went well, if you can say anything about it. The blastocyst was hatching which made me a little bit happy because the last one wasn't and Thumper definitely was. But I don't want to get too excited.

God answered my prayer and so this weekend I was able to pray. I prayed and I prayed and I prayed.

Please Father, let this baby live and grow. I long to hold him/her.
LG

1 comment: