"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Saturday, February 4, 2012

The most random of phone calls.

I had the randomist call today.

One of my friends called saying she knew someone who knew someone who was putting their soon-to-be-due baby up for adoption and would we like it!

I should explain that in Australia it is so much more complicated than that. There is a huge application process that you must go through to adopt, and even then, there are waiting lists and legal fees and all kinds of things you need to go through before you can adopt a baby. She was making an offer that she had no ability to deliver on.

But it was very sweet of my friend to think of me, sweet that she knew how much we wanted a child and was willing to do the worlds most awkward phone call to make it happen..

In some strange way it made me hopeful.

Because I was feeling really, really low today. Feeling like Children were so very far away. But this call cheered me up. Because somewhere out there, there is an Australia women who is dying to be a Mum. And a baby, to be born in March, that was unofficially offered to me, will become her little child. Today is her day. And that is so exciting.

And one day, I will become a Mum. It may be through a pregnancy, it may be through embryo adoption, or it may be through a phone call saying "Congratulations- we have a child for you".

And that day, my day, that is worth all the wait in the world.
LG

No comments:

Post a Comment