"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A mostly good scan

Oh, how I wish for a totally good scan.  I wish I didn't have any worries.  Overall, it was pretty good, though we will find more about when we see our doctor on Friday.  Dancer and BH were looking pretty good on most fronts: spine, brain, heart, nose, kidney's ect.  But Dancer is still small.  Not off the charts small, just small, and he has one less vein or valve or something going through his umbilical cord.  Again, the stenographer (who had NO interpersonal skills) said that this was not too uncommon and often not a problem, but she hypothesised that this might be why he was smaller.  She said the doctors said it was okay, but something to watch.

So I don't know how to think.  Should I be worried?  I just don't know.  Overall we are trying to stay positive.  And she said it was a good scan.  I just don't know.  I just wanted all good news.  I didn't want a wait and see.  And the women was just so very hard to read.

But we do have some news that is pretty cool. 

We are having two boys!

Again, not sure how to think about it (though there is no bad news I recon when it comes to gender!).  I was so sure I was having at least one girl, and when ever I've imagined kids they have always been girls.  I come from a two girl family.  It's just hard to get my head around.  Earl is just over the moon.  And I am getting that way.  We have two sons on the way.

Would appreciate if the prayers could keep Dancer in their prayers.  Our son.

LG
PS Dancer is kicking me like crazy.  Almost as if he's saying "stop worrying Mum!"

1 comment:

  1. Yea for a good scan! I always though of being a mother to a girl, but having a son is amazing- he's such a mommy's boy!

    ReplyDelete