"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Sunday, January 27, 2013

Liebster Awards :) !

Last week (or was it the week before) I got two lovely Liebster awards from my bloggy friends Lara and Mrs A.  I love Lara and Mrs A.  Mrs A was the first blog I commented on (after having this blog for a year!) and my first bloggy friend.  Lara has been a lovely supporter of me through the process.  I really enjoy answering questions about myself.  For those I've nominated though, don't feel any obligation to answer if you don't want to.  But I'm nominating you because I love your blogs.  I find this whole IF journey so fascinating, because while we all have this one thing in common, we all have such different experiences and lives and situations.  I enjoy reading all of you and really appreciate the lovely support and encouragement you are given me back over the years. :)  Some of you I have just started reading (particularly the twin blogs!) and I've been really enjoying your posts.  I won't nominate those already with Liebster awards, sorry if I do but I didn't know it :)

  1. List 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left (that makes 22!)
  3. Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate
  4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
  5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
  6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
1 I am a writer.  I am currently in the process of writing a fantasy novel.  It is one of the most enjoyable hobbies I have ever found.  My writing amount ebbs and flows due to various busy aspects of life, but I'm hoping and aiming to have a proper first draft of my novel before the babies come.
 
2 I am dreadfully uncoordinated.  I bump into things, I fall over when climbing up stairs, and I regularly pour water down my front instead of into my mouth
 
3 I have brown hair and brown eyes and look a great deal like my Mother.  I act like her too, which I don't mind one bit because I love my Mum
 
4 When I first married my husband, I thought he looked so cute sleeping I used to take photos of him.  He would be woken confused by the flash.  I put some of these photos on facebook, but have since removed them because I don't know if its totally respectable :)
 
5 I don't like cleaning or gardening
 
6 My main form of exercise is walking.  It is my therapy
 
7 My hubby loves video games, and I enjoy watching him play alot of them.  My favourites so far have been all the Zelda games, the Assassin Creed games, and Mass Effect.  I have a sneaky suspicion that Earl is turning me into a geek
 
8 I also love sci-fi
 
9 I think everything can be improved with the addition of corn
 
10 I love food.  I am one of those people who feels happy all day if I know that a nice meal is at the end of it.  I used to be embarrassed by this but now I embrace this part of who I am :)
 
11 Red is my favourite colour, and I actually think it defines my personality rather well.  I'm bright and enthusiastic and talk alot
 
Questions from Lara
 What was the last book you read? The Hobbit!  Wanted a reminder after the movie.  Slow start but wonderful book
2. How many pets do you have? None.  A deep source of sorrow for Earl





3. What meal do you like to cook the most? Pasta.  I'm a bit obsessed :)

4. How old were you when you met your husband? How long did you date before you got married?
I met Earl at 22, we started dating at 23, and we dated/were engaged for 13 months.  It was a whirl wind but no regrets at all.  8 years married tomorrow :)


5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who laugh when you talk with them about something serious, because they feel awkward


6. Do you fill stockings at Christmas? Or just decorate with them?
I decorate.  Although Earl's Mum still does a little stocking for us all.  Too cute :)


7.Do you separate your laundry by color?
Never have, never will.  And I've never really had problems with colours running anyway

8. How many pairs of shoes do you own? (Your best guess - we won’t check)
Probably about 12, but I'm about to do a cull.  Too much stuff in our house, and I barely wear them all anyway.


9. When you find time, what is your favorite way to work out: Zumba, Running, Yoga, etc?
Ops, already said, but I love walking.  Pilates was good for a while, but walking is the only thing I love enough to be consistent.  And it's free.  But we have an X box connect so have also gotten into Just Dance as well :)

10. Who is your best support person?
Earl is wonderful and he wins.  But I think Mum must get a mention because she has just been incredible in the last six years.

11. Have you ever had the nerve to say something snippy or rude to someone who asked an overly personal question about family building, infertility, etc? If so, what did you say?
I don't think so, not from memory.  If I say something at all it's usually thought through.  But I have some dooseys I've said just in my head :)
 
Questions from Mrs A
1. How did your life change in 2012?
 How didn't it change?  We moved state, moved house, both moved jobs and as part of that we moved churches.  We got a nephew.  And of course, we made it to 12 weeks of pregnancy with twins!

2. What is one of your goals for 2013?
To enjoy the newborn stage admits the craziness

3. Real books or e-books?
Books!  I tried reading on Earl's Ipad but he is always using it.  And I love the feeling of paper in my hands

4. What is your favorite dessert?
Cheesecake and lemon tart.  Is it wrong to say that my favourite cheesecake is my own homemade?  But lemon tarts always seem to taste better from a store.

5. What do you like most about your personality?
I think I am very friendly and easy to talk to.

6. Where do you volunteer (or where would you like to, if you had the time)?
I volunteer several days a week at our church.   I really enjoy that.  I'd love to volunteer at other things but life is pretty full as it is.

7. What is your favorite book and/or author?
The Bible :) and Jasper Fforde.  He is the only author I've ever read that I have never been disappointed in.  He is funny and interesting and clever, and I have met him in person and he's like that too :)

8. What do you do to relax after a long day?
Read, walk, write, or watch TV.  Cooking, depending on how hard that long day has been!

9. What is your favorite holiday?
South Island of New Zealand.  It was amazing!  Like watching a book come to life.  It is beautiful, there is so much to see and do, and it's one of the happiest times for Earl and I.

10. Who are your pets?
None, though I've adopted my in-laws puppy Pippin.  He is gorgeous and friendly and lovely.

11. How would you rate your cooking skills?
Pretty good.  Not a gourmet chef but pretty versatile and skilled for a home cook.
 

Well, congratulations on getting this far.  My nominees are (in the order they appear in my blog roll!) :
 

11 questions for you to answer (if you choose)
 
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging
2. What has been your most enjoyable holiday
3. Who has been your biggest support in the last few years
4. What are you most looking forward to in 2013
5. Which television character (or book character) is the closest in resemblance to you
6. Best meal you've ever had
7. Favourite physical trait
8. Best dance move
9. Favourite season and why?
10. What do you wish you could tell yourself from 5 years ago
11.  What cool gadget are you hoping will be invents in the next ten years
 

1 comment: