"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12

Friday, April 19, 2013

Big week and the impending arrival

I don't know really how to start this post.  I guess I'll just try to explain all that's happen over the last 48 hours.

On Wednesday morning we went in for our routine dopplers and CEG scan of the babies.  I had actually been feeling really ordinary, including a little bit of blurred vision.  I thought, better safe than sorry, and asked for a blood pressure test.

It came back a little high, and so the nurses decided to keep me at the hospital for the afternoon to see if it went down.  They also got a sample of pee so they could check for protein in my urine.

Earl went home at this point, neither of us were worried, and we thought he could pick me up afterwards and get some work done.

That afternoon at about 5pm they admitted me to hospital for a 24 hour urine test.  My urine had contained protein and they were worried about pre-eclapcia.

It was the strangest thing.  To go from the routine trip, to suddenly being put in a hospital room with no real information of when you would get out.  And for all the worries about the boys to suddenly move to the background and it be me that might be the problem.

Yesterday (Thursday) was a nightmare.  Not only was I collecting Urine, having regular blood pressure tests, and seeing a million people, they kept doing CEGs that didn't work.  Not that the babies were in danger, they just kept moving or not moving at the right time, and they struggled to tell the difference between the two twins.  I had 7 different "attempts" at CEGs (CEGs are where they put little paddles on the belly to measure the heart rates.  They can take 10 minutes but both mean they that it often takes 30-40 minutes).  My last CEG was at 12:30 at night.  I was so over being there, it didn't seem like anything was wrong, and I just wanted to go home.

But this would not be the case.

At about 3pm this arvo, I was officially diagnosed with pre-eclapcia.  So I am in hospital until these boys are born, and the doctor we saw today is guessing that will be Wednesday.

Basically, both me and Dancer are ticking time bombs.  Some time, most likely in the next week, one of us will be struggling to the point where they need to deliver.  So, we have made it to 32 weeks, but it's unlikely we will make it to 33.

I am incredibly overwhelmed.  I don't know how to think.  I am so glad the boys are getting  the care they need, and in some ways 32 is what we have always been aiming for.  But it is still huge, huge to think about our boys being out 5 weeks before term, and spending their first months in NICU.

Please pray, both for me and my boys.  Pray that we are all as healthy as we can be, and that when ever the boys come out is the best time.

I will do my best to update.  It's hard because I don't have internet on anything but my phone, I'm just writing on Earl's ipad right now.

Keep thinking of us and our boys.
love LG


  1. Glad they caught the per eclampsia early and that you are in good hands. I'm sure this is all very scary. Praying for you and your boys!

  2. You and the boys couldn't be in a safe more prepared place. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

  3. Thinking of you constantly. Sending love across the ocean.

  4. Keeping u close In positive thoughts. You are where u are to be and im glad they have paid so much attention.have to you as well.