"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Sunday, October 7, 2012

BFP

I'm pregnant.

I can hardly believe it.  I could tell the moment I answered the phone, Karen the nurses sounded so happy.  She said the nurses in my team fought over who got to tell me the news.

My result is 305.  This, she said, is a good number.  It's probably not high enough for both embryos to have made it, but it is a very, very good number for one.

Earl is happy but reserved, I think after everything that happened with Thumper, he was always going to be that way.  He will wait until the heart-beat ultra-sound (in two weeks time) before getting really excited.  And he doesn't want to tell anyone before 12 weeks.  I don't know how that will work, with my parents knowing the date of the transfer and paying for our medical expenses.  But we will figure it out.

The nurse herself was very excited, I told her about our previous miscarriage but it didn't seem to dampen her enthusiasm.  And I think I want to take her leave.  I want to enjoy this time.  But I'm also cautious.  My attitude will be this: Every day with this baby is a gift, I will enjoy that gift.  Yes, if it ends it will be a horrible, horrible thing.  But I don't regret Thumper despite the pain and I will never regret this time either- whatever happens.

And I am just so grateful to God for this gift, and for answering a prayer that I thought would never be.

Thanks for all your prayers during this cycle.  I know this news will be happy/hard for many of you, and my heart goes out to you.  You are in my prayers as well.  And if those who are prayers, please keep us and our little one in our prayers.

Still hasn't sunken in yet.
Love LG

6 comments:

  1. Yea! That is so wonderful. I forget that my Sunday night is your Monday. It was a nice surprise to see your news a day earlier than I was expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. This is great news and an awesome beta. And yes just take one day at a time and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats that is awesome first beta!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo so sooooo excited for you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg!! HUUUUUGE CONGRATS! and many many many prayers :)

    ReplyDelete