"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Thursday, October 18, 2012

Six weeks and a foot in both camps

Well, after a frustratingly long wait, the doc got back to me with results. She didn't give me numbers, but she said everything was fine except that my vitamin D level are extremely low. So it's another supplement to add to my collection. But I was of course greatly relieved, and amazed that soon the hospital will ring me with my first appointment date.

I also had a small burst of nausea yesterday.

Earl said yesterday, every day that goes by this pregnancy seems hard and harder to think about loosing. Even though we try to be cautious.

I feel a bit "foot in both camps". I am pregnant. I'm one of "those" people. And yet with my uncertainty and fear and background, I also feel very much in the infertile camp. I am still hiding belly shots and stupid comments on Facebook! I don't feel out of the trenches yet.

But I am starting to feel a little bit hopeful about good news on Tuesday. I don't think I will ever go into an ultrasound excited, because of our shock loss of Thumper, but I feel like there is a good chance of good news. And that still seems amazing to me.

Today is the thanksgiving service for my Pa.

four days until scan.  6 weeks today.
LG


No comments:

Post a Comment