"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12




Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Emotional exhaustion of the 2ww

All I want to do is sleep and sleep and sleep.

There is a tiny little part of me that hopes that my tiredness this week has to do with maybe a little embryo or two nestling inside of me.  But there is a much more simple explanation.  It took me a long time to realise just how much emotions effect you physically.  And it's a big week, and the affect on me is not just emotional but is felt all through my body.

My Pa is in hospital with cancer, and we have been told to "make the most of the time we have left".  It is smack bang in the middle of the one week wait, and all the emotional ups and downs that are associated with that.  And its been a little bit of a tough week for Earl and work as well. 

All this just means I am a very erratically functioning Lady Grey.  I function okay when people are around, but when I am on my own and I have work to do, I just don't seem to be able to do it.  And I'm constantly thinking ahead to "What if I find out I'm not pregnant on Xday?".  What would that mean for work, what would that mean for the wedding we are going to on Saturday, what would that mean for Sunday School, what would that mean...and the list goes on.  And I know that the most sensible thing in the world is to get as much work as I can now, because I just don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.  But I'm tired..


But maybe I just need to cut myself a break.  This week is a hard week.  I just need to accept that and slack off :)
LG

2 comments:

  1. Definitely cut yourself a break this week and breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, LG - yes, give yourself a break!!!! You are a rock star, but sometimes you just need a break!!! Prayers for your pa and fam, too!!

    ReplyDelete